Paris Grey Architectural Piece

I am in love with my latest Goodwill find…this interesting architectural piece! I am not sure of its original purpose, but I do know it’s an ionic column capital!

before This is how it looked when I found it…a little too much contrast for me! But I could see lots of possibilities and at $1.91…yes, you read that correctly!…it hopped right into my cart!

006 And with the addition of some Annie Sloan Paris Grey paint, here it is! Honestly, my intention was to give it a good coat of that color and top it off with some Old White and then distress it…but then I realized that would hide all of its personality!

008 I love the way the original turquoise and gold are peeking through! It really gives it an aged look!

BK and booksBut now…what to do with it? Baby Kitty suggests adding a stack of vintage books…

books …and I do like the look of all of that texture!

double happiness Maybe I’ll top it with one of my double happiness jars filled with hydrangeas…

page …or my favorite Santos cage doll. Hmmm…it seems that I had some difficulty taking this shot without Baby Kitty’s tail getting in the way!

cherub Don’t you love the little cherub at her base? And the colors in the clouds complement the painted piece!

starfish But I have to say that my favorite is the stack of starfish!

starfish close The colors are just so light and summery! I think I am going to find a lot of ways to use my new bargain!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my painted architectural piece ! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday (first Monday of the month)
Mary at Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

Marty at A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Beth at The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Anita at Cedar Hill Ranch for Cowgirl Up on Tuesdays

Kristin at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at DIY by Design for Swing into Spring

Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays

Jennifer at Jennifer Rizzo for the Thrift Store Make-over Party
Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

See you next time! A la prochaine!

No comments:

Post a Comment