My Winter Porch...and...Preparing for Snow!

IMG_5090 I am so excited to show you my new winter wreath…a fabulous Goodwill find for only…$5.00! Woo hoo! Can you believe someone gave this beauty away? All the better for me!

page It is chock full of wonderful fruit and berries…love that apple slice!

IMG_5093 All I had to do was add a burlap ribbon!

IMG_5100 And, of course, I had to redo my lanterns to match! I love them! I have been able to keep them on my porch year ‘round by simply changing what I put inside of them! This time, it’s very simple…pinecones and candles tied with raffia…

IMG_5101 …sitting on a bed of whole almonds…on sale at Publix for $2.69 for two pounds!...topped with a jaunty burlap scarf!

IMG_5122 Here is a look at the completed porch. I like the simple winter starkness…but then I am a winter person.

IMG_5118 I love the way everything is so structural…almost architectural…this time of year! The air is so crisp and clean and the sky is so very blue and clear…

IMG_5112 …and the trees can now show us the secrets they have been keeping! But I can’t linger outside too long! A big winter storm is heading our way!

page1 We are expecting five inches of snow followed by sleet and ice! Yikes! Like every good Southerner, I have to prepare. I have already been to the grocery store and bought my obligatory bread and milk…and I don’t even like milk! lol I have a stash of new flashlights and plenty of firewood in case we lose power. And my favorite thing…some fun catalogs to check out and my new guide to Paris to read…I’m planning a trip this summer with my 10 year old grandson!

IMG_3785 Sooo…bring on the snow! We are ready! All we have to do now is wait!

page Update! We actually had 6 or 7 inches! Woo hoo! Sooo…please allow me to show you my porch again…this time complete with snow! Now that’s what I call a winter porch!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my porch!  Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday (first Monday of the month)
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Mary at Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Before and After Party on Wednesdays
Gina at The Shabby Chic Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Linda at A la Carte for Junkin' Finds on Fridays
Laurie at Bargain Hunting and Chatting with Laurie for A Few of My Favorite Things Saturday
Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
See you next time! A la prochaine!

No comments:

Post a Comment