My Winter Mantel

IMG_5051 Adding a mirror to my mantel has opened up a new world of possibilities for me, so I decided to try creating a winter look. You may recognize most of what is there…my music-themed projects from my Christmas mantel!

IMG_5050 Of course, the garland and lights are gone, as well as the burlap stockings. And my plates are back…naturally!

IMG_5055 The sheet music wreath is still hanging over the mirror. I love it! It was a lot of tedious work so I want to get as much use as possible out of it!

IMG_5044 The mercury glass candlesticks and the Pottery Barn knock-off music candles are still there, too!

IMG_5052I have also kept the little snow birds, grouping them on some of my silverplate…a porringer and a wine caddy turned upside down to add a little height to the arrangement.

IMG_5054 I moved a pair of topiaries from the hutch to the mantel. They were flea market finds…$9 for the pair…whose base was sprayed silver to match my silver and cream dining room theme for Christmas.

IMG_5051 Total cost of this new look for the mantel…free! I just reused things I already had! It has taken a while for the neutral colors to grow on me, but I think I am starting to like it. It has a cool winter look that suits the month of January and seems fresh and clean after all of the Christmas clutter. I am sure that my signature Provençal blue and yellow will come back with the warmer months, but for now, I think I’ll keep it this way!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my winter mantel!  Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Party
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Before and After Party on Wednesdays
Gina at The Shabby Chic Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Linda at A la Carte for Junkin' Finds on Fridays
Laurie at Bargain Hunting and Chatting with Laurie for A Few of My Favorite Things Saturday
Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Mary at Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Beth at The Stories of A 2 Z for the Winter Mantel Party
See you next time! A la prochaine!

No comments:

Post a Comment