My Most Popular Projects for 2011

033As the year winds down, it’s time to reflect on what I have accomplished and start to think about my plans for next year. For me, as a blogger, a part of that process is looking over the posts that were the most popular this year. These are the posts that you my readers liked the most so they give me an idea of what to plan for future posts. Sooo…in no particular order…here are my top five posts! Just click on the highlighted phrases to be taken to the posts. Among them was my Pottery Barn inspired pillow…a really fun project where I experimented in making fabric flowers.

clpumpkins2Another reader favorite was my Country Living inspired découpage pumpkins. And…I am pleased to say that Country Living liked them too and asked to feature them in the Letters section in their December 2011 issue! Hey…the photo was the size of a postage stamp, but I was still thrilled! lol

036 This one really surprised me because it moved quickly to the top five after it was posted for Christmas this year! It’s my French ticking and burlap Christmas wreath which was at the center of my Christmas mantel decor.

041 Also on the top five list was the post about my chalkboard wine glasses…easy to make and oh so very handy!

imageAnd last but not least among the top five was the Mickey Mouse birthday wreath that I made for my little grandson’s first birthday party which had…you guessed it…a Mickey Mouse theme! Now we are wondering what to plan for his second birthday party! Can time have gone by that quickly?

045 Not among the top five, but one of my favorite posts was the vintage French tea towels that I made using iron-on transfers for the first time! Love them!

600 towels And another favorite of mine was the post  featuring my Wisteria knock-off linen hand towels. I think this is the post that put me over the edge as a big fat copy cat! lol It’s so much fun to see how cheaply I can reproduce something I have seen in a pricey catalog!

imageBut here is my absolute favorite! And although you might argue that it was not a project, I will tell you that more time and planning went into this trip than any other project. I invite you to read the series of posts about my trip to Paris with my grandson…lovingly anticipated for five years! It was absolutely perfect in every way and the most fun I have ever had in my entire life! If you have plans for a trip to Paris, you will find some good tips here. I am so happy to have the posts as a wonderful reminder of that week in France with my ten-year-old grandson!  
Sooo... there they are...my top five posts plus a few favorites of mine! And now...is there anything you want to see in 2012?

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my favorite projects for 2011! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday (first Monday of the month)
Mary at Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Beth at The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Rhoda at Southern Hospitality for the Top Projects of 2011 Party
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at DIY by Design for Fall into Fall

Paula and Patti at Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at 2805 for Potpourri Friday

Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Diann at The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Rachelle at Fingerprints on the Fridge for Feature Yourself Friday
Jen at Tatertots and Jello for the Weekend Wrap-up Party
Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

See you next time! A la prochaine!

No comments:

Post a Comment