A Woodsy New Years Tablescape

073 Keeping with the rustic, simple theme I used for Christmas in the dining room, I decided to continue into New Years with a woodsy theme with some natural elements and lots of texture!

062 But I have to have a little sparkle for some contrast, so I started with this great Pottery Barn mercury glass candle holder that I found at Goodwill for only $3.93…woo hoo! It’s topped by a pillar candle surrounded by cinnamon sticks and tied with twine (tutorial here) for a little rustic touch.

066 On either side, nestled in greenery, are my wonderful weathered deer sheds…a gift from my dear friend Nan’s hubby Wayne who found them after I issued an all-call for any deer sheds from the woods! Love them! You know I can’t do real deer antlers unless they are sheds…too soft-hearted!

076 And on either end are more mercury glass candle holders, GW finds that were too shiny and got antiqued a little (tutorial here), and more cinnamon stick wrapped candles. Beside them are the little Dollar Tree snow birds that I made last year. 

078 At each setting there is a twiggy chestnut placemat to continue the rustic theme! Love them! I found them here. I am also using my great go-to Irish lead crystal goblets paired with some Goodwill wine glasses. The GW glasses always look a little fancier when next to the real thing!

061 And here’s my Wedgwood Queensware plain again, one of my favorite Goodwill bargains at $68 for 52 pieces…have I told you that before? lol Each one is topped by another snow bird sitting in a little nest.

048 The nests came from Hobby Lobby…two in a pack at about $1.00 per nest with a coupon. My co-host Baby Kitty is a little confused…where are the real birds?

059 Each place is set with my Gorham Octette pewter flatware…my wedding flatware from many moons ago…which has developed such a nice patina on its big chunky handles. Gotta love a three tined fork! The napkins look like vintage, but actually came from the clearance aisle at TJ Maxx at $1.00 each!

051 And there you have it…my woodsy New Years tablescape! What will be on the menu? Why, traditional Southern fare…black-eyed peas and collard greens for luck! I always say that I am really not superstitious, but I cannot start the New Year with out them! What about you?

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my New Years tablescape! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday (first Monday of the month)
Mary at Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Beth at The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at DIY by Design for the Winter Blues Party

Paula and Patti at Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday
Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at 2805 for Potpourri Friday

Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Diann at The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Jen at Tatertots and Jello for the Weekend Wrap-up Party
Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

See you next time! A la prochaine!

No comments:

Post a Comment