Vintage French Script Fruit

063Now that the rush of the holidays is over, I am enjoying a more leisurely pace and getting back to some projects that I have had on the back burner for a while. And here is one of them…my vintage French script fruit! I have tons of faux fruit in my stash…some not quite so realistic and in need of a make-over. So I decided to découpage them much like I did my Country Living inspired pumpkins.

036 First, I spray-painted the fruit white to keep the darker colors from bleeding through. Next, I printed some vintage French advertisements that I found here and here at the Graphics Fairy! Karen is always so generous to share her wonderful finds with us! Then I cut the graphics into strips the length of the fruit.

040I notched the strips in on each side to make them easier to handle and applied them with Mod Podge. You can find a few tips for découpage here and here. It requires a little skill and lots of patience.

045And…taa daa…here they are! You will notice that I tried to preserve the integrity of the ads as much as possible, but that’s difficult to do after the first three or so strips. I also painted the stems black once I had finished.

bkOur co-host Baby Kitty seems somewhat unimpressed by my efforts. Perhaps next time I will try doing a mouse instead of fruit!

063 But as for me, I think I like them! They look right at home with my vintage book bundle, don’t you think? Total cost of the project…nothing! Free! I already had everything I needed! Now that’s my kind of project!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at my project! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants!
Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Roeshel at the DIY Showoff for the DIY Project Parade
Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday (first Monday of the month)
Mary at Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Beth at The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at DIY by Design for the Winter Blues Party

Paula and Patti at Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
Jill at French Cupboard for Voila!French Inspiration on Thursdays
Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at 2805 for Potpourri Friday

Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Diann at The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Jen at Tatertots and Jello for the Weekend Wrap-up Party
Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

See you next time! A la prochaine!

No comments:

Post a Comment